Equipment needed to play youth football in the ZYFA:
- White Helmet with exterior warning label which meets the NOCSEA standards
- Mouth guard
- Shoulder pads
- Navy blue football pants with pads
- Athletic supporter with protective cup
- Shoes with on-piece soles and cleats. (Running shoes are allowed, metal cleats are not)
Game jerseys are provided for each player and are theirs to keep.
The ZYFA also has used shoulder pads for free as available. Contact Devin Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most retail outlets have people who can help advise you on a proper fit for football equipment. Here are some guidelines when selecting helmets and shoulder pads.
- Make sure ear holes are centered with the helmet’s ear openings
- Eyebrows should be 1 to 1 ½ inches below the helmet’s edge
- Jaw pads should follow the contours of the cheek
- Rotate helmet side to side. Forehead skin or hair should move with the helmet but shouldn’t slip
- Face guard is 2 to 2 ½ finger widths from the tip of the nose
- Vision should be 180 degrees left to right and 75 degrees up and down
- Weight measurement. Figure out weight and convert to a chest size
- Laces are centered and pads fit tightly
- Caps on the outside of the should pad extend 1/3 to halfway on the arm
- Shell padding extends ¾ to 1 inch beyond the AC joint when arms are a the athlet’s side
- 2-3 inch space between the shell padding and the neck
- Arches adequately cover the pectoral area
- Motion isn’t impeded. Should be able to raise and lower his arms without the pad riding up into the neck opening
? These equipment guidelines are suggested by Billy Rice, a national promotion manager and speaker for directors, football coaches, equipment managers and athletic trainers regarding equipment and safety.
Complete equipment guidelines can be found on the USAfootball website:http://www.usafootball.com/
ZAPPA’S SPORTING GOODS Presents its Youth Football Equipment Package Only $149.99 Package Includes: Helmet w/mask Shoulder Pads Football Pants 7 piece pad set Mouthguard 10% discount on Football Spikes Everything your child needs to play the game. Each Player is individually fit to ensure proper sizing for comfort and safety. Zappa’s Sporting Goods 5966 Hwy. 61 N. White Bear Lake Or call us at (651) 762-1144 Proudly Serving Mahtomedi’s sporting goods needs.
|Equipment Requirements and Purchase Opportunity
||Please check out the Equipment link to the left side menu for equipment requirements. Zappa Sporting Goods offers a special football package rate for ZYFA youth. Zappa’s Sporting Goods 5966 Hwy. 61 N. White Bear Lake Or call us at (651) 762-1144 Proudly Serving Mahtomedi’s sporting goods needs.